Prior Lake, located in Scott County at the southwest edge of the Twin CitiesMetropolitan Area, is known for its beautiful lakes, numerous outdoor amenities, recreation opportunities, entertainment venues, outstanding schools and high-quality neighborhoods.
- A flourishing community that has grown from a population of 15,917 in 2000 to 26,840 in 2018, an increase of 59%. The population of Prior Lake is expected to reach nearly 38,000 by 2040.
- Positioned for continued commercial development with more than 70 acres of pad-ready commercial, business park and industrial land.
- Growing, with more than 2,500 additional aces of commercial and residential land within an orderly annexation area that will become available for development in the near future.
- Home to hundreds of successful businesses, including Mystic Lake Casino Hotel which is Scott County’s largest employer.
Prior Lake-Savage Area School District 719 serves Prior Lake, Savage and surrounding townships. Within the district there are six elementary schools, two middle schools and a high school. In addition, Prior Lake is home to several private schools. Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools is TOP 10 in the Twin Cities in…
- Leadership: school board, superintendent and administration.
- Providing a high-quality education.
- Meeting the learning needs of students.
- Teaching and support staff.
- Communicating imporant issues and decisions.